Here are a few ideas on how to grow your photography business. Share your experiences in the comment section!
- Be active on social sites – sites like facebook and flickr are photo rich, great opportunities to show off your amazing shots
- Design your website around showing off your photos (use wordpress.org and a good photo business theme)
- Setup your business on all the big directories (Google Places, yahoo maps, mapquest, superpages, citcysearch)
- Get connected on the wedding websites – weddingwire.com for instance
- Offer your clients the option to buy their photographs off your laser engraved, customized usb drives – easier to use than a CD, useful for years, plus it has your logo and name on it!
- Always follow up with a thank you card or gift and ask for referrals. Ask something specific, like “Do you have any other friends who have just had babies that would like photographs done?”