Did you know…there is a hidden lanyard hook on the Leatherman Wave? Learn how to access this little known tool at Instructables.com
The Leatherman Wave is one of Leatherman’s classic, large tools. You may have given a personalized Leatherman Wave as a gift in the past – make sure the recipient knows about this!
See new Leatherman tools for 2013 here.
What do you use for your disc golf tournament awards?
Do you give ribbons or trophies which collect dust and end up in a box? Why not give prizes that are truly USEFUL that the recipients will hold on to for years?
Our customers love customizing bottle openers and carabiner keychains with laser engraving – with placements and the tournament name! Here are a few examples:
We can laser the individual, personalized places on the disc golf awards – we normally charge $0.60 each for this personalizing service, in addition to the price of the item. We can group by color/style as well, whatever your needs are. Click on the links above for some ideas, or check out all our custom shaped bottle openers, carabiner keychains or other custom awards.
What is the best disc golf award you have given out or received? Share in the comment box below!
A few years ago, we had the honor of providing carabiners to the Seattle seahawks – check out the story below to see how they used those carabiners to motivate their players to a NFC championship.
Seahawks receive NFC championship rings
….. Most of the players immediately started wearing the rings. A number lined up in a conference room to meet with Jostens representatives about ordering auxiliary pieces for friends and family members.
The Seahawks added one special feature to the rings — a tiny image of a carabiner, an oval metal ring used in mountain climbing.
Before the season, accomplished climber Ed Viesturs gave a motivation speech to the team. Viesturs gave each player a carabiner, and the players received another – either blue or green and inscribed with motivational phrases — after each victory.
“We thought the look of it just came out perfect,” Ruskell said.
[ read full article on espn ]
The item they used was the 3″ Carabiner clip, available here. You can see the image of the rings here.
What creative ways do you use carabiners for motivation?
This is one family that is grateful his dad remembered his pocket knife! Make sure you are prepared with a dependable knife in your pocket, purse, man bag or car. You never know when you will need it.
The boy suffered non-life-threatening injuries — scrapes and puncture wounds to his face, according to park officials.
His father was able to fight off the cat by stabbing it with a pocket knife.
To continue reading, go to Big Bend mountain lion attacks boy, 6, at San Antonio News
A Spyderco knife is as long lasting as it is legendary, as durable as they are versatile.
On many Spyderco knife models you have a choice of one of the below edge grinds.
|Plain Edge – a sharpened edge with no serrations or teeth, sometimes referred to as a “smooth” edge.
||SpyderEdge – An edge featuring Spyderco’s two-step serration pattern consisting of one large and two small serrations. This pattern increases the cutting edge’s surface area by up to 24%
||Combination Edge – A blade with an edge that is partially Plain Edge and partially SpyderEdge (The preferred Edge Style of this author)
Which edge do you prefer, and why? Let us know in the Comments below!
Picked your Edge? Now Personalize your knife, click here to get started!
Photography is a great business to be in! I have some friends who are in it, and am always amazed at the memories they can capture.
Here are a few ideas on how to grow your photography business. Share your experiences in the comment section!
- Be active on social sites – sites like facebook and flickr are photo rich, great opportunities to show off your amazing shots
- Design your website around showing off your photos (use wordpress.org and a good photo business theme)
- Setup your business on all the big directories (Google Places, yahoo maps, mapquest, superpages, citcysearch)
- Get connected on the wedding websites – weddingwire.com for instance
- Offer your clients the option to buy their photographs off your laser engraved, customized usb drives – easier to use than a CD, useful for years, plus it has your logo and name on it!
- Always follow up with a thank you card or gift and ask for referrals. Ask something specific, like “Do you have any other friends who have just had babies that would like photographs done?”
So, you have picked the perfect gift to personalize for that special someone. Now you are sitting in front of your computer, wondering what in the world to laser engrave on the gift! Personalizing a gift or award can be fun and makes your item stand out, but, it can also be challenging to choose what to say. Here are few ideas to get you started:
- Name of recipient
- Purpose of gift/award (ie. Happy Birthday or For Outstanding Customer Service)
- Accomplishment (serious or fun, for example, 100 Sites Installed, or Best Office Prankster Award)
- Date (of the occasion you’re celebrating, or a significant day in the past)
- Company Logo (Here’s how to send it)
- Clipart of a hobby, occupation, passion or just something to make the recipient smile (IE, dog, cat, medical symbol, star of life, maltese cross, coffee cup, etc. Check out our gallery here.)
- Photo (yes, you can engrave photos on some items! Click here for some examples and here for information on how to send them to us!)
- Quote (try sites like Quote Garden for a wide selection on a variety of topics!)
- Inside joke
- Sentimental memory
Now that your creative juices are flowing, what would YOU add to this list? Share below for the benefit of others!