As you can imagine, expectations are high for an amazing gift when you own laser machines! I’ve used up my allowance of engraved pens and carabiners with names on them (just ask my sisters).
So what did I give my wife for Mother’s Day? Aside from a surprise candlelit dinner and cleaning the house (ok, I admit, a small section of the house), among other things, here they are:
An large, engraved bamboo spoon - just what every mom needs! Not your ordinary spoon - smooth finish, long handle, large scoop
Engraved keepsake box with a photo of a hiking trip.
You can view and buy this keepsake box here
I’ve carried my trusty Buck Nobleman in my pocket for years. With my initials and clipart laser etched onto it (see photo) when I misplaced it, it would always turn up eventually.
Engraved Buck Nobleman
Things I like about the Buck Nobleman as an every day carry pocket knife:
- The blade keeps an edge fairly well.
- It slides in and out of pocket easy, nothing catches.
- Small enough it does not bulge and I can still fit my hand in pocket around it to get at bluetooth earpiece.
- Easy one hand open and close with thumb notch.
But after seeing a customer order the Buck Redpoint, I started to reconsider. After trying out the Redpoint for a day, I made the leap.
Engraved Buck Redpoint
Why? Things I like about the Buck Redpoint as an every day carry pocket knife:
- Serrated blade! Part smooth, part serrated. This was the main reason
- Fits in pocket with room to fit my hand – though not quite as much room as the Nobleman allowed
- Includes Buck Knives’ “safespin opening” technology – pretty cool, easy open
- The Redpoint blade uses 750 steel, compared to Nobleman’s 327
Plus, the Redpoint has nice big area to laser on its super sharp blade!
What is your favorite knife to carry or use and why? Is yours personalized?
Update 4/26/2012: I still carry the Buck Nobleman sometimes, when I want a sleeker, thinner and different styled knife. I’ve also upgraded to a Buck Flashpoint from the Buck Redpoint, read my review on Buck Flashpoint here.
Looking for a Mothers Day Gift? Or perhaps an outside-the-box baby shower present? Or maybe you find yourself frustrated by toy packaging and those little plastic pieces that hold tags on clothing. Two words for you. Leatherman. Micra. A small multitool you can carry on your keychain that has a multitude of practical uses. Listen up! Adrienne, over at Baby Toolkit recommends it….here is just the beginning of her list of things she has done with the Micra
- opened countless boxes, cartons, envelopes, shrink wrapped objects, and blister packs
- broken down boxes for storage and recycling
- cut paper dolls and puzzles for squirming children
- removed retail tags and hanging threads
- cut and filed fingernails, ours and BabyGeek’s
Visit her post for the rest of the list!
Personalized Leatherman Style
This little tool is also on Parenthackers toolkit list thanks to Adrienne’s recommendation
A reviewer on shopping.com received a Leatherman Micra as a Mothers Day gift. At first she was a bit disgruntled, but as she used the tool, her perspective changed “Every mom could sure use one of these! I’m not “mad” at my husband anymore for getting me this. ”
Add a unique element by having the receivers name, a significant date or quote expertly laser etched on the tool. Make it an identifier for your keys by having your name and phone number engraved!
However you choose to personalize the Micra, it is bound to be a hit! Also see other small, keychain size Leatherman Tools like the Micra in colors, the Squirts and the new Style and Style CS (full list).
The opportunities are endless! If you need to hang it, clip it, attach it, secure it, suspend it, or just have it handy while your hands are free, the Stainless Steel S-Biner by NiteIze is the gadget for you.
Just what is the Stainless Steel S-Biner by NiteIze? Check it out here!
Below you’ll find a few ideas we at Lazer Designs have for putting your S-Biner to good use.
If you are looking for uses for your traditional carabiner, take a look at these 55 useful and fun things to do with a carabiner keychain, this video with 4 more ideas and this post with 3 more ideas with photos.
- Hang a hanging plant from a ceiling hook.
- Clip dual zippers closed on your backpack or luggage.
- Attach technical gear to your daypack, or not so technical gear like that bag of beef jerky.
- Clip your keys to your belt loop … your hands are now free!
- Secure your paint can to your ladder.
- Hang tools on your tool belt.
Stainless Steel S-Biner by NiteIze
- Attach your cell phone to your bag, just don’t forget to detach before use.
- Clip your water bottle to your backpack.
- Suspend wet items to dry, especially while out in the wild.
- Secure scuba gear, because no one wants insecure scuba gear.
- Store webbing in your gear closet, with personalization on the s-biner to indicate the length or use of the webbing.
- Hang a flashlight inside your tent, outside your tent, or just about anywhere.
- Organize your keys (use size #2, and have each engraved with info about the key).
- Use a size #5 to hang all those organized, well labeled keys.
- Hang your ID to your belt loop, and get rid of that lanyard around your neck.
- Attach to the end of a rope and use it to pull your hunting bow up a tree.
- Hold you hair back with this makeshift ponytail holder … it is lovely!
- Use to hold up your shooting targets (thanks hunter Jake).
- Gloat to all your friends that you have the coolest little gadget around.
- Clip just about anything to just about anything, just about anywhere.
So order your S-Biner, make it your own with personalized engraving, and let us know how you use it to make your life easier!
Congratulations on your award! Now, how to get the smudges off so it sparkles like new again?
Special care must be taken when cleaning acrylic products. You should avoid household cleaners like Windex or 409. The chemicals in these products can dull and craze the clarity and beauty of acrylic.
The best way to care for your Acrylic awards is to clean with warm water and a small amount of liquid soap such as Ivory, rinse and dry.
The same principles apply to acrylic furniture and decor.
For minor smudges, you can breathe a breath of warm air and use a soft cloth to buff it clean.
Always use a clean, soft cloth to avoid scratches (paper towels are generally not “soft”). If you have a lot of acrylic awards with large surface area that you must keep polished, consider buying acrylic cleaner from a plastic supply shop.
A picture is worth a thousand words, and a laser engraved photo gift is worth a hundred gifts.
Are you looking for a truly unique gift? Consider putting a photo on a piece of marble, granite, wood or acrylic and capturing that moment in permanence. Create a unique gift for your loved one, employee, customer or friend. All you need a high resolution photograph of a memory.
Some of our most popular mediums are below, and there are many more out there we can laser engrave on.
Black Granite Tiles
We can also do custom license plates and more!
When sending us a photo, keep in mind these tips:
- The better the input image, the better the output engraving – higher the resolution the better
- Quite backgrounds work best (busyness behind the subject can detract from engraving)
- If in doubt, send your photo over to our skilled art team and we’ll let you know how it will work on your desired product.