Whether your friends are professional chefs or are creating a kitchen from nothing, a personalized bamboo cutting board is the perfect wedding gift!
There are so many ways that you can make this wedding gift creative and unique, showing your thoughtfulness and the recipients’ personalities. A great idea, but what to engrave? Here are some helpful hints so you can create your own masterpiece!
1. Names – There is nothing boring about “just” engraving the bride and groom’s names, especially with so many fonts to choose from. Using an elegant or fun font adds a lot of personality and can even match the style of their kitchen or their wedding! Include the wedding date or location to make it extra personal.
2. Date – To create a formal look put the date of their wedding under their names or initials. The date should be a smaller size than the names and not much wider. More traditional fonts like Times New Roman work better on smaller text as it is more easily read on personalized bamboo cutting boards for wedding gifts.
3. Artwork – An image is worth a thousand words, right? We have many image choices in the clip art gallery (or you can use any royalty free image from the internet), this is the perfect addition to the names and date. Do your friends have a beloved dog? Like to travel? Enjoy nature? Find an image that suits them, or send in your own!
4. Placement – For best layout any text should be under the image so that it aligns visually with the bottom edge of the board.
For placement, we recommend a corner so that the main area of your personalized cutting board is available for chopping – without chopping up the engraving. Bottom right or top left is most common. If your design is more elongated, across the top or bottom also looks great.
Now that you have these ideas, test them out! Using a piece of paper (if you prefer it) or a graphics layout program (if you are computer savvy) in landscape layout sketch out your idea until you have found the perfect arrangement.
Then just select the fonts (see our list or use yours) and artwork you want (see our Clipart Gallery here), write any layout instructions in the special instructions box, and order!
We will send a mockup of your personalized wedding cutting board (or custom cutting board for any other occasion) for your approval prior to laser engraving it in our Colorado facility.
When choosing a custom cutting board for a wedding, you have a few options for wood type – bamboo, most popular, and maple, which is also a hard wood. I recommend bamboo for several reasons:
- Bamboo is 16 percent harder than maple, yet easy on your knives.
- Bamboo cutting boards are naturally anti-microbial.
- Custom cutting Boards are easy to maintain. Wash with warm water and towel dry. Oil once in a while to keep looking nice.
Most of our wedding cutting boards are Totally Bamboo brand, which uses organically grown Moso bamboo, so you need not worry about harmful pesticides or fertilizers. Plus, this bamboo is not a food source, or a habitat, for the Giant Panda. Totally good for you and totally good for the environment!